Thanks for coming to my little spot on the web. Feel free to take a look around, check out my galleries, and maybe find out what you might have seen me in.
In my latest role, I was Dr. Kramer in Hallmark Channel’s fantasy adventure The Hunters starring Victor Garber, Dan Payne and Michelle Forbes! It was crazy fun! Just look at the wardrobe that I wore for the film! You can learn more about the film at Hallmark Channel’s The Hunters website.
* * *
DragonCon 2013 was a blast! Here’s 2 photos of me in Atlanta, Georgia enjoying the festivities! One photo is me with Chewbacca and the other is me with a creature from Jim Henson’s classic The Dark Crystal.
* * *
The publicity is starting to ramp up on Horns, one of my upcoming films. It is a supernatural mystery starring Daniel Radcliffe. In this photo from Entertainment Weekly, you have a peek at my role as Dr. Renald. The film will be released on October 11, 2013 in the United States.
* * *
Here’s a DragonCon report of my Stargate panel!
Breaking News! I’m attending this year’s massive DragonCon 2013 convention in Atlanta, Georgia on August 30-September 2, 2013!
I’ll be there to talk about my various genre projects like Stargate SG-1, Jeremiah and Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers. I also have more recent projects like playing King Midas on ABC’s Once Upon a Time, being a drug dealer on The CW’s Arrow, and revealing my voicework on Marvel Comics’ DVD release of The Inhumans. For that, I played the voice of Karnak. I also voiced the role of Lockon Stratos on the Japanese epic anime, Mobile Suit Gundam 00.
So swing by my autograph table and say “Hi!” I’ll also be talking about my other current film and TV projects.
* * *
I’ve been “crazy busy” in the last couple of months! LOL! I’ve co-produced and casted an indie feature titled Patterson’s Wager. I also directed my first film short, titled Not Indian Enough.
On the acting side, I’ve booked five gigs and they are… Dr. Kramer in The Hunters with my fellow actor Dan Payne, a TV movie to be released in October 2013. It also stars Michelle Forbes. Dr. Schwarztien in A Sister’s Nightmare, Otter’s Dad in Patterson’s Wager, Gary Sand in an episode of TNT’s King & Maxwell titled “Pandora’s Box” which is scheduled to air on August 12, 2013, and as Pastor Karl Galick in The Color of Rain which will be released in June 2014.
I also recently completed a couple of animation voice work gigs that I can’t talk about yet! But I’ll sure to update this site as soon as I can.
Plus, last April Dan Payne and I recently held our very own acting workshop which was a great success and we hope to do that again soon.
* * *
I’m presenting an free acting class, On Your Mark, with my acting compatriot Dan Payne in Vancouver on April 13, 2013 as a lead-in to two weekly acting courses. Here’s a 2-page PDF document of the event.
On Your Mark Digital Flyer
I recently played Dr. Renald in Daniel Radcliffe's new film Horns, based on the book by Joe Hill (Stephen King's son) Directed by Alexandre Aja. Also I played an eccentric architect, Ian Fragmont, in Dan Zukovic's new feature, Scammerhead.
I was also featured as an underworld drug lord, Anthony Venza, in the CW's hit action TV series Arrow, as seen in the screen capture above.
I worked on a voice gig called Marvel Knights: The Inhumans, I play several characters including: Karnak and Mendicas. The series DVD release dates has been announced as April 23, 2013 from Shout! Factory.
I have also appeared in Cartoon Network’s Level Up as Ochi an Orc who comes out of a video game into the real world. Ochi is a multilayered character that wields a sword as well as a feather duster! He is the right hand man of the King, meaning his butler. While he roars like an Orc he has the accent and manners of a proper English butler. To be aired in 2013.
I also played a Nazi Interrogator in a dream sequence in the movie A Christmas Story 2. It might sound scary but it is a comedy! And (spoiler) the nasty Nazi gets his in the end! The DVD release is out.
I also appeared in the pilot Attention Students as a robber Sven Svensonson! A kids comedy where the good guys win and the bad guys get theirs!
Hell on Wheels
I have just returned from my second appearance on Hell on Wheels a post-U.S., civil war drama on AMC which shoots in Calgary where I play Lt. Weston: a US Union Calvary Lt. The storyline follows Cullen Bohannon as he hunts down the union soldiers who murdered his family, while playing his part in the building of the Union Pacific Railway. The first of 2 episodes that I appear in airs on August 19, 2012 on AMC and it’s titled “Durant, Nebraska”.
I played a cop on AMC’s The Killing (“72 Hours”) and gave a key piece of evidence to the solving of the crime… who killed Rosie Larson.
Big Time Movie
I played another Swede in the movie Big Time Movie, Sven again but this time a secret agent trying to get a levitation device from Big Time Rush! The boys are mixed up in international intrigue in this homage to the Beatles’ A Hard Days Night!
Once Upon a Time
I appeared as King Midas in the hit ABC show Once Upon A Time (in the 1st season episode titled “The Shepherd.” The series has been renewed for a 2nd season, to debut in the fall of 2012), where he has the golden touch. It was a pleasure to appear along side the brilliant cast and work with the amazing crew!
Here’s screenshots of some other roles recently played...
Earth’s Final Hours
- In Impact, a SciFi miniseries, I played a scientist called Franz Henke. It also stars JAG’s David James Elliott, Species’ Natasha Henstridge, James Cromwell, Falling Skies’ Colin Cunningham, and Benjamin Sadler a great actor from Germany. It was directed by Mike Rohl, a really great director. What it's about: The moon has been struck by a brown dwarf star (or pieces of) and has dislodged from its orbit! We have 39 days to do something before it impacts Earth!!
- I booked the 3rd Lead in Wyvern, Dr. David Yates, but couldn't work it because of date conflicts with Impact.
- I booked a supporting part on the movie, Mail Order Bride, directed by Anne Wheeler but again conflicts prevented me from working on it.
- I then booked and am able to work an episode of Sanctuary, about men who can fold themselves so small they can go down pipes and through cracks. I play Carver, a bad, bad folding man.
- I just got a call that I booked a lead in a new cartoon series called Gundam 00. It's an anime series that we are re-dubbing in English.
- Just auditioned for Roland Emmerich's new film, Farewell Atlantis (aka 2012), for a small part then got asked to come back for a larger part.
- And I auditioned for a new series called Virtuality, set on a deep space mission where VR world is the R&R for the crew but... the VR world is inhabited by a not-so-nice Green Eyed Man who terrorizes them!!